Monday, October 13, 2008

I love blogs!!





So I keep checking for updates on my sister's blog but haven't seen any since August. So tonight, while chatting with her on the phone I asked her to start blogging again. I love her stories to no end and miss hearing them. Her defense was that her computer has been broken and finally when it got fixed she lost her camera cable to upload photos. I assured her that pics are great but it's the stories that we love so much.

Anyhow let's get to the point. She asked if I have been blogging and of course, I have not either. I told her, I have nothing interesting to write about. She didn't believe that. As I started thinking , I realized I have tons of fun stuff to write about.

So as most know, I work in the mortgage industry. I've been in it for 6 years. Well, this time of the year (especially this year as you can probably imagine) has been extremely slow. For the past week I have had very little to keep me busy. I probably have had less than a hours worth of work a day. So at the first of last week I spent most of my time on Facebook or shopping online (rather looking at things to buy that I don't need or want) or reading celebrity gossip. Ugh!!! This is enough to drive anyone crazy! By mid week, I realized that shopping and reading celebrity gossip is the most useless, unfullfilling thing I could do and that it made me feel worse. So I started researching different workouts, I started reading the news and paying bills online...I started feeling slightly more productive...well, there's only so much of that a person can do too.

Let's just say that my life for 9 hours a day has been dang depressing. So friends and family, I have found my sanity. It comes in my dancing. Monday nights I teach a salsa class to about 20 beginners. It is a blast. I get to joke, laugh, dance, teach and have fun. I love to see the students 'get it' after struggling for a bit. I love making them laugh. I love their comments. It's great.
My poor boyfriend can attest that after work I am not much fun to be around, but after dance, I'm a whole new person. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have that creative outlet. That's all for now...

4 comments:

Carrie said...

See, that was so interesting! I love the picture and I am so glad you have a creative outlet to keep you sane. Don't we all need that?

Ada's Girl said...

Love that you are back on the blog. Everybody's life is interesting. Sorry you are having boring days at work but how great to dance off the day. Dance, Dance, Dance. What could be better therapy?

Claudia said...

Thank goodness for dancing. I dance in my kitchen when I'm doing dishes or listening to my I-pod. I find it really lifts my spirits too.

Love your picture. Keep'em coming.

Everyone can find something interesting or even something to be grateful for to blog about. As you do this, you'll start to see things in a different light and more things will come to you. Just a thought.

Love,
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I love your hair!!